Sketchbook 5 : Sweat, Sketches, and Surreal Encounters

Previous post : Sketchbook 4 : Random Snippents

Ahmedabad di Garmi: When Laptops Go Swimming

Picture this: It's hotter than Satan's sauna in Ahmedabad, and all I can think about is taking a skinny dip... with my laptop. No, I'm not some tech-obsessed weirdo (okay, maybe a little), but when work calls, you answer – even if it means fantasizing about underwater office spaces. Who needs air conditioning when you can have a pool desk, right?



Mumbai's Walking Curiosities

Oh, Mumbai, you never cease to amaze me with your cast of characters. Let me introduce you to a few:


1. The Lonely Bar Dweller:

Spotted in Colaba, this guy looked like he was auditioning for the role of "Man Waiting for Godot... or Just Another Drink." No life goals, no companions, just him and his glass against the world.

2. The Toothbrush Streaker:

Borivali's very own fashion icon. This dude was crossing the street in nothing but his undies, wielding a toothbrush like a scepter, and rocking the barefoot look. And no, he wasn't homeless – just really, really comfortable with himself.

3. The Dreamy Bank Teller:

This woman deserves an award for "Most Dedicated Daydreamer in a Financial Institution." It took her 30 minutes to move my cheque from her desk to the manager's. When I asked about it, she just stared at me like I was interrupting her private screening of "La La Land."

The Dancing Monster

Sometimes, when work gets slow, you just gotta let your pen do the monster mash. Meet my latest creation, born from boredom and too much office coffee.



Beers and Doodles

There's something about the combination of friends, beer, and a sketchbook that brings out the weirdest ideas. Whether it's at Sodas in Mumbai with Rhea, Apoorv, and Sachin, or Hidden Place in Pune with Astaad, Bhavana, and Malcom (with a special cameo by Anokhi), my pen always finds a way to capture the chaos.






The Cigarette Box Collage

I have this habit of sticking interesting things in my sketchbook. This time, it was a cigarette box. Little did I know it would lead to...

After watching Bhavana struggle with a super slim cigarette, inspiration struck. I sketched out this slightly pervy idea, and now I'm the proud owner of a full box of cigarettes (thanks, Bhavana!) and my mom's suspicion. Art comes at a price, folks.



McBees and Backwards Writing

Nothing says "good morning" like hearing about McBees and christening a new sketchbook with an illustration. Also, I've embarked on the strange journey of writing backwards. Why? Because normal is boring, that's why.












Late Night Maggie Masterpieces

There's something magical about the night mess, a plate of Maggie, and a sketchbook. It's where culinary mediocrity meets artistic brilliance.

Who needs Rorschach when you have random ink blotches and a overactive imagination? These sketches are proof that sometimes, the best art comes from happy accidents.





So there you have it – a peek into the chaotic, sweaty, and slightly unhinged world of my sketchbook. From underwater laptop fantasies to half-naked tooth brushers, it's all here in ink and graphite.


Remember, folks: Life's too short for boring sketches. Keep it weird, keep it wonderful, and always carry a pen. You never know when you'll need to capture the essence of a dreamy bank teller or a dancing monster.


Until next time, stay cool (unlike Ahmedabad), stay curious (like the toothbrush guy), and keep those pens moving!


Comments

Popular Posts